Aegis Design Inc.
181 Carlaw Ave, Suite 206
M4M 2S1 Canada
+1 647 348 2788
Writer and researcher
Project Basis Position—Aegis is looking for an ongoing relationship with a writer and researcher with credentials in corporate anthropology, ethnography and the human sciences to help bring deeper insight and perspective to the cultural complexity in which our clients communicate.
Aegis is about connecting human beings with human beings—about creating more powerful rapport between companies and their most important audiences. Therefore, the role of anthropologist will aid in mapping cultural nuances relevant in the establishment of this rapport and reinforcing the development of sound communications and design strategy.
Project work often involves: client liaisoning, designing and directing research; writing and presenting insight and analysis; and working with clients, copywriters, designers, artists and other creative and communications professionals to build frameworks for strategy and creative development.
Please submit your cover letter and resume.
Junior & Intermediate Designers
Aegis has a position opening for a contract designer, opportunity to the full-time position.
You are not only a talented, creative designer, but also a strategic thinker. You have
strong aesthetic instincts and exceptional typography skills, attention to detail, willing to
go beyond expectation. You are able to managing multiple projects from concept, through
production and completion.
– excellent communication and writing skills
– experienced leading projects large & small—start to finish
– highly organized, methodical and works well under pressure
– curious, multidisciplinary, and eager to learn.
– experience in both designing and building websites, competency in HTML and WordPress
– experience in branding, magazine, annual report, book and information design
– knowledge of print production, experience reviewing proofs and attending press approvals
Please submit your cover letter and resume, PDF of 5 your best portfolio pieces or
link to online portfolio, and salary expectations.
Business Development Associate
Our design firm specializes in providing ethnographically and culturally researched communications materials for brands that look to ensure effective communication with their audiences. We have developed materials for some of Canada’s great brands, and want to extend our services into new areas.
Due to a recent transition in the services we offer, we require the services of a Business Development Associate to build a contact list and conduct outreach to past and new clients. This is an opportunity to join a respected company that is at the same time experiencing the energy of a start-up as the new services we offer continue to shape our development and attract attention.
You’ll work as a trusted and integral team member reporting directly to the company principals, responsible for researching new business opportunities and finding new clients, leveraging the company reputation and your own industry contacts to best effect.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Forging and maintaining strong relationships with key contacts in existing and new accounts.
– Tender writing and submissions
– Grant writing and submissions
– Maintaining an accurate and ongoing sales pipeline
– Strategic brainstorming and implementation of new business development initiatives
You will need:
– Experience in business development within the communications field
– A friendly, outgoing and upbeat personality
– Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
– Ability to develop and implement B2B sales strategies
– Excellent communication, listening and presentation skills
– Background in negotiating, tendering and estimating.
Our supportive environment will offer a friendly team, flexible working arrangements and opportunities for training and development. This is a challenging role that will deliver strong rewards for the right applicant.
If this sounds like the right place and position for you, we’d like to meet you.
We are always on the lookout for talented people to work with. We need people who love design, have an interest in human insight, who are passionate about doing great work, and who have the talent to make it happen. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll get in touch.